The human body is naturally armed with the means to protect itself. Your vagina contains good bacteria that keeps it clean. Usually, the good bacteria are aplenty and secrete certain substances that keep the vaginal pH acidic and prevent the harmful bacteria from growing in numbers and causing infections. However, when you use soaps, douches, and shower gels to clean the vagina, they may disturb this delicate equation between the good and bad bacteria. An upset pH balance in the vagina opens the doors for some unwanted infections and irritation.It is important to clean vagina using specially formulated products like the Everteen Natural Intimate Wash.
How to keep the vagina clean
In 4 simple steps, you can learn how to clean vagina using a vaginal wash, a trick you need to master:
- While you take a bath, wash the vulva with warm water. Make sure that the water isn’t too hot.
- Pull your labia away from the clitoris using your fingers (the vagina has two types of labia – labia majora and labia minora. Labia majora are the two thick skin pads present on both sides of the vagina that protect the vagina from any injury while labia minora are the two thinner skin flaps on both sides of the vagina, also called vaginal “lips”). Clean the folds around the clitoris with the vaginal wash. Just pour some Everteen Natural Intimate Wash on your palm or a cloth and clean using water. You can even use your hands to clean the area, provided they are clean to begin with.
- Once you’re done cleaning the clitoris area, use the natural intimate wash to clean the labia and themons, (the bump or mound situated on top of your vagina).
- Rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry your vagina and the groin so that there’s no extra moisture sitting there that can cause a fungal infection.
Just as almost every hygiene product has a certain amount of chemicals, most of the vaginal washes too have chemicals. However, natural vaginal washes like the Everteen Natural Intimate Wash are completely natural. Everteen has specially formulated a vaginal wash that has 100% natural ingredients like Aloe vera, sphatika, etc., with no chemicals or surfactants. This makes it suitable for all skin types and ages, even women with extremely sensitive skin that is prone to rashes and irritation with other washes.
Mandatory hygiene tips for clean vagina
- Do not use deodorant sprays, bubble bath, bath oils, douches, wipes, or other heavily perfumed products in your vagina or on your vulva that can tamper with the natural pH of the vagina. When you have a natural cleaning product like the Everteen vaginal wash, you do not need to use douches that can be particularly drying.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes.
- Use cotton underwear with a crotch. Try avoiding the thong style underwear as they can irritate your vulva.
- When you get a new pack of underwear, wash them before using.
- Use an unscented mild detergent for washing your underwear daily.
- If you use a washing machine to wash your underwear, wash an extra rinse cycle to remove any leftover detergent in the underwear.
Just as every woman is different, every vagina is different. If you feel irritation or itching around your vagina that persists despite using the wash, consult a doctor. These might be signs of an infection that needs specific medical care.
everteen Natural Intimate Wash is available at all popular market places as below: